View Single Post
Old 2007-02-26, 11:27   Link #16
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wow, I'm surprised. Your trace is actually better that the source pic! Sure, the source pic is poor quality (and maybe it's just that particular one), but it's still very good nonetheless!
Well, if you ask me, to try to improve the original pic is actually the whole point of tracing; Or at the very least, to try an make a cleaner version of it.

I'll post some more source pics later on.

EDIT:

Ok, here they are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Now that I've seen the original source and your piece I've noticed your piece is incomplete. If you're wondering what I'm talking about I just meant the strands of hair in front of her face.

Your hair strands curved above the eyes while the original falls down to the eyes. But overall it still looks good... except for the curve part above the eyes.

Why did you cut it off?
Believe me, I know what you are talking about.

Clearing the face of some hair, to give the eyes more "room" to shine, is one of the things I do most often with my traces. I also dont believe in always making a 100% perfect copy of the source, so I sometimes re-draw a lot of parts while tracing.

Check out her hands and her handbag to see some of the changes I did there. The eyes, the details in her shirt and many other little things are in fact different. Of course, this is actually a very recent development in my work, so my older traces dont show such little changes (and I dont plan on always do those changes)

Anyway, I am very impressed that you actually noticed. You are the first person ever to comment on such things. That's certainly worth a cookie.

Oh, and to put things in perspective; Mai's boobs are actually smaller in my trace (22) and yet, nobody in the Kanon image thread actually noticed (or commented about it)

And yes, the source pic was also there. >_<!!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-02-26 at 14:36.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote