View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 19:26   Link #2046
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Sakura was beyond reasoning with or talking things out. It certainly wasn't her fault but I would still classify that as insanity.
I have to say that I agree with you here, actually. Sakura in her Dark state is insane, hence why she can't reasonably be held accountable for her actions.

Quote:
The story somewhat convienently wraps this up by just doing the time skip but Shirou is very lucky there wasn't alot more serious side effects.
I'm not sure what you mean by that....

Quote:
At the battle in the cave, killing her at that point wouldn't have accomplished anything as Avenger was pretty much done anyway. Rin realized she couldn't kill her own sister so that is a different situation altogether.
Killing Sakura at that point was nigh-on impossible. The best way to stop her was to convince her to stop fighting, and once you've done that you may as well go the whole way and save her too.

Quote:
Sakura of course repaid that by almost killing Rin.
Sakura stabbed Rin in self-defense....

Quote:
I do find it interesting that Shirou was being somewhat hypocritical as Kotomine points out that Shirou is passing judgment on future actions in regards to Avenger something he didn't do with Sakura.
Well, Kotomine does have a point to a certain extent, yes (Shirou admits as much). However, there is no question that Angra Mainyu will kill people, and no way to 'save' him, neither of which applies to Sakura. Remember that, at the time of MoS, Shirou had no idea that Sakura was the shadow. If he'd known, I think he probably would have had no choice but to kill her, or at least to tell her the truth and force her to face it herself.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote