Thread: Licensed Usagi Drop
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-07, 16:22   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first episode was godly. Just that. The artistic direction, the music, the directing, the deeply touching atmosphere, the adorable loli,... everything was perfectly suited for my tastes.

I actually had little to no idea what I was going to watch, I simply picked it up because it's a Noitamina show, and I've been watching them religiously for years. I was surprised the little girl turned out to the grandpa's kid, and the first thoughts that crossed my mind were exactly the same as that of Daisuke upon hearing this: she's his mom's sister and his aunt! I like that guy already.

Rin was incredibly adorable, I think I've found Erio's rightful successor. So HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

I think like this show is going to be a more serious and even more heartwarming Yotsuba&, in which case, I am going to love every second of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I really like the watercolor pencil effect at the beginning, it need more of it.
Me too. It reminded of Aoi Hana and Hourou Musuko's. I thought they had some staff in common, but that's not the case as far as I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Rin is the charming, good little girl most parents wished they had. Reina behaves like most kids at a funeral would: obnoxious, inconsiderate, and totally unaware of the mood. While I think this show is trying to be as realistic as it can when it comes to raising a child by yourself and becoming a family, Rin is not meant to be the most realistic representation of a child. She's an ideal, and arguably the most "unrealistic" element of this show. Not that I'm complaining about that...
Let's all admit it. No one wants to watch a show about raising a kid if they're your typical whiny, snot-nosed, unreasonable brat (as many of us were).
I'll be honest, if Reina had been the main loli instead of Rin, I would have dropped this show right away. She was insufferable. It reminded me how much I can't stand real children, unless they're well-behaved, which is a rarity nowadays.

And just for the record, I was more of Rin's type~