View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 22:14   Link #303
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The only problem is that reviewers are all human as well- differing beings with varying and biased opinions. You should be the one responsible for deciding on if you like a game or not, and how much you like it.

For example, Grand Theft Auto IV got near perfect scores over most mediums, and I can never see it past a 7/10. It's great, but it's also quite flawed for me, and even with the cheap price I've never planned to pick it up.

Another instance is Red Dead Redemption, which is widely viewed as amazing, and I can certainly agree it's great. However, I personally am not a fan of the Wild West settings for games, and the atmosphere didn't quite click for me. I can respect it being a solid game, but to me it just doesn't appeal to my interests.

I can understand with a franchise like Sonic that has had a severely split fanbase for quite some time in the recent years, you'd want to play it safe and look up reviews and whatnot, but eventually only you can tell yourself if you like it or not.

By the way, if you liked Episode 1, you should love Generations. Of course, that's up to you.