View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 12:55   Link #85
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I actually like the designs. They have a bit of a distinct feel to them....even if the one shown kid of looks like a more mechanized version of Pilnus from Gaogaigar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
RahXephon show and design are way better than anything mecha related Sunrise have put out since Bones formed.
Are we talking TV or OVA here when we're doing the whole Sunrise sucks without Bones thing again (even though they work in collaboration with each other far more often than would be expected of two seperate and distinct studios)? On the TV side I would agree that Bones has more in the way of what might be called prestige titles in this decade (since Sunrise has decided to shift their TV branches target audience age more towards children and females....possibly towards trying to include every willing person around the world even) but Sunrise's OVA's (the ones nobody seems to ever watch for some reason) have been very much in the style of their old shows.

Although I think it can be fairly argued that Bones is following Sunrise's policy for TV series a bit these days too with shows like Heroman and FMA:Brotherhood. What with Heroman coming off as targeted at a younger more internationally inclusive audience and the continued pursuit of safe successful franchises like FMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I think there are a couple of examples in Virtua-on where some of the mecha have a distinctive feminine feel to their designs.

Also you can point to the female piloted gundams in Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny especially Lacus Cline's gundam.
How is everybody forgetting this?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-07-13 at 13:09.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote