View Single Post
Old 2015-10-11, 09:53   Link #73
TrienDarkform
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She was just playing the odds. Plus:
- nowadays, bad teeth and a total absence of modern dentistry has to be pretty rare in developed countries, even among the poor. Though I suppose it'd depend on the country's healthcare.
- there may have been other clues, but the teeth were the easiest to explain to laymen.
Bad decay is still very common in developed countries unfortunately. Even if you exclude the poor, there's plenty who still neglect their teeth, whether it be out of ignorance, or sometimes fear. (Also, often see really bad dental situations in people involved with various illicit drugs).

The wear on the teeth was a better thing to look at, from a realism standpoint; teeth wear patterns are different with a coarse diet compared to a modern, refined, diet. Now unfortunately, the animators drew the tooth looking like it had no wear at all... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
As someone who also stares at bones all day, I can tell they did a lot of research since the sutures on that skull are actually anatomically correct and her description of the body of the sphenoid bone are actually sometimes used medically.
Yes, I quite appreciated that they took the time to get all that right. I don't mind it if the animators miss a little detail here or there (afterall, they're not likely to know the anatomy and how it changes in detail; they're likely working off reference photographs and such), and I'm happy that they did put the effort into it.

Last edited by TrienDarkform; 2015-10-12 at 20:26. Reason: Spelling
TrienDarkform is offline   Reply With Quote