View Single Post
Old 2015-10-12, 22:42   Link #78
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, the “interruption” that the MC did (such as reporting the found skull to the police, much to Kujo’s annoyance, etc) is common sense and the right thing to do. In fact, it would be ignorant of him if he just let Kujo do whatever she wants without addressing it (at the very least) and just go along with her eccentricity. There’s really nothing new to this formula since Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson first written in literature.
Of course it isnt new but it doesnt make it less annoying. He is there just to pester at her and not let her get her way. Obviously this is just me projecting. But nevertheless it does take away something from me every time he does so. Personally I would have felt more comfortable with her getting her way. But the way he stops her just irks me, look I wish it didnt cuz im really digging this show but i cant help what i feel whenever it happens. He keeps preaching at her even tho she is more smarter than him. He tries to have this "pc" approach with her which you can see during the cop scene when she said something a bit orthodox but extremely interesting. And the final nail in the coffin for me was him telling her backstory out of nowhere defending her in front of the detective which felt forced imo.

There is a lot that he does that is bother me but as i said its probably just conflicting personal beliefs. But with an interesting premise like this I wish it would be allowed to be fleshed out without having the MC backtrack everything and add unnecessary comments just for the sake of having that "rational" sidekick. All I'm saying is if he stops butting heads with her I can really enjoy this anime to its fullest.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote