View Single Post
Old 2017-11-18, 05:26   Link #38846
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Remember that finding habitable planets is bullshit hard. We also don't know anything about terraforming in the Nanoha setting, so for story purposes we can just say they're nonexistent or prohibitively expensive.
Even without terraforming abandoned or uninhabited worlds don't really seem so rare given that half the fights in A's were happening on such worlds as the Wolkies had to hunt outside the sight of TSAB in the later stages of the incident. So I don't think suitable or near suitable worlds are that rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
"Flood them with light cruisers" is unlikely, at least for the first few months of hostilities. The Bureau could only spare one cruiser in TOS and A's despite OMG DANGEROUS LOST LOGIA. In Strikers, only three warships could be rapidly mobilized to defend their Capital world. All this gives the impression of a navy overstreched patrolling all those worlds while scanning for Lost Logia. How overstreched? Vague enough so that the writer can adjust it tofit the story.
Ehh. I dissagree about the TOS, A's bit. We don't know if any ships were sent to look for the stuff in TOS, or Artha might have been just one of them. How Artha actually does get involved is by being out on patrol and spotting the dimensional tremor due to Fate and Nanoha fighting. So I would say they have enough ships out on patrol to respond to maydays and such, eespecially if they are from the administered worlds.
As for A's, I don't know what would have sending more ships helped there. They mounted their biggest FUCK YOU cannon on Artha as soon as they figured out what was the nature of crysis, and there was never really any doubt that Arc would fail to take care of the BoD. The real problem there was preventing it's rampage from starting, limiting it's damage and stopping it for good. And sending more ships wouldn't have really helped much.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote