View Single Post
Old 2008-07-14, 01:03   Link #11
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Welp, fortunately, I paid some for a few sessions with a personal trainer at my 24 Hour Fitness long time ago and told me about the importance of squats/deadlifts. It's thoroughly in my routine. He told me "chest, back, legs one day; shoulders, triceps, biceps, legs the next day; twice a week" is the best.

I eat and drink all day. Thanks to mom, I have fruit and a healthy sandwitch which I consume around the 11am or 3:30pm period, depending on what I'm in the mood for. Maybe I should just have more of mom's cooking - while I still have her. When I move to L.A. in 2009, I'm not gonna have that healthy luxury.

I do plan on going to the gym more often than just twice a week, or so I keep telling myself. And I will lookup this Rippetoe workout at work tomorrow, see what it's all about. Not really shooting for twig status, but at my prime one year ago, I had a pretty confident six-pack - not a body-builder's one, of course, but Olympic swimmer-like: not big, but there. That's my real goal.

This is good stuff, all the more convincing that I'm doing some things wrong. Keep it coming.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote