View Single Post
Old 2010-10-26, 08:25   Link #4861
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Basically, it's to no one's advantage as we've been told in the storyline to have Kinzo's body preserved and accessible. And even if he were kept in that state, keeping him in the house is both impractical and risky. I find it hard to believe anyone in that supposed conspiracy group wants a corpse to produce.

Unless, as Jan-Poo suggested, someone has a different reason to want to keep the body in some kind of appreciable shape (as opposed to immediate burning or dumping him in a hole in the forest). It's a fairly short list of people who would benefit from doing it, and the top of the list would be Kinzo himself (for whatever crazy reason you care to insert here).

But that seems like something of a dodge, since Kinzo is a boogeyman to whom we can attribute just about any property. More telling would be to think of who among those aware of his death would have any possible reason to keep him "around." And why. Blackmail to keep the conspirators in hand? A twisted form of respect? Leverage against the entire family to some end?

Servants or Nanjo come immediately to mind because they're the ones most likely to be "given" the body to get rid of. Natsuhi would find it distasteful and disrespectful, and Krauss probably wouldn't get his hands dirty. Unfortunately, pretty much the entire rest of the alleged conspiracy is Nanjo and the servants, so it doesn't narrow it down.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error