View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 18:47   Link #18
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
Because most players have an home console,
Not in Japan, they don't. And Japan's the main market Atlus cares about when it comes to SMT. And besides, it's not like the larger amount of home consoles in the West translate has translated to even more MegaTen game sales. Come on, it's been a long enough time for everyone to realize this and realistically set their expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
That's their plan
Which is why I find it a bit weird that Sony didn't pony up the money for this exclusive, they need some meat on their system
I don't think they can really afford to do it considering their current financial status.

Quote:
Though, it could be that games for the VITA seem closer to developing for a console game than the 3DS, so yeah this is just a show of the times.
I'd put the blame more on the fact that Vita's been selling less than 10,000 units a week in Japan for some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I always thought Strange Journey ws meant to be SMT IV.
It was relegated to the same status as If... (main series, but not part of the numbered) becuase it wasn't set in Tokyo Well, at the very least we got a condition for when a mainline MegaTen game gets a number.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote