View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 09:12   Link #18
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

The original novel actually predates both Steins;Gate and Madoka, having been relased in July 2009. S;G (game) only came out in October of that year, and Madoka is from 2011. Random information, but I do see a lot of people comparing it to both of these works, and I guess it deserves a bit more recognition! haha.

Anyway, yeah, these last chapters have been pretty insane. I like how the manga has all this weird stuff happening, and yet it *tries* to fit in these scientific explanations, even though most of them are coming from the girls studying on their own, rather than the author actually telling us WHAT is going on.

You can clearly see he did some research on the subject and is trying to make good use of it, but at the same time it's nice that i's also quite apparent that he is worried into making a very entertaining fictional story, and not some sort of textbook 101 quantum physics.

Anyway, the story definitely started for real now, and I'm loving how the 'disjointed' feel it has due to all the jumping between different worlds/possibilities complements SO well the fact that Gaku herself doesn't even seem to realize anymore "who" she is, as evidenced by one of the pages in chapter 11. Also, speaking of her, she's on a roll. Throughout the first volume I liked her, but I really never imagined she'd get to be such a complex and interesting character. The sheer dedication she puts into her goal is amazing, and even a little scary, as some have pointed out. If I had to say, the next chapters might show us some really ugly sides of "her", because if she was pissed before, after uncovering the "truth" of what happened, I'm sure she's ready to do anything.

Oh, and random trivia from the Tenko blog that made me laugh. Someone tried to read the english in page... 26, I think, from Chapter 11. The one on the PC screen. Turns out it's actually pretty understandable english, except instead of information about Yukari as one might except, the stuff written there is about a person called "Mariko Morikawa". A quick search on Google indicates that Mariko is/was nothing less than a quite popular Adult Video Idol, haha. Maybe Tsunashima was a fan and wanted to joke around with it?