Thread: Tokyopop
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-30, 19:46   Link #34
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I'm going to assume the blatant mistranslations (I'm not refering to the interpretation things, I mean like blatant, 'this should not mean what it says' errors) are actually intentional on the part of the project supervisors for TokyoPop. There is no professional translator in the world capable of such stupidity and still getting hired, so I'm going to say that the translations they provide originally must be accurate, then those translations are gagged and raped, then force fed to the oblivious public, who in turn claims what they bought is correct. Why? Because they bought it. I love America.

And to elian85, manga relies 60+% on text. Without text, you'd never know what was going on. Have you ever read any of the gag releases some of the scanslators put out every once in a while with made up text changing the whole plot of the chapter? That proves beyond any doubt that the story is told by the narrative. And I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you read manga for the story... granted, the previous conversation was about Love Hina, so I could be wrong.