View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 20:48   Link #239
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
Well, to avoid turning this into GW1 talk...

I had totally forgotten about Kirito talking about his margin of safety. in fact, doesn't he contradict himself? it's understandable that he can get this "margin" on the earlier floors since he played beta and knew where everything was and how to train and level properly, but afterwards, everything's a big unknown. yet, he still joined the lead group often for boss clears and ventured into dungeons solo to train. I don't care how over leveled he might be, when you're playing with your real life on the line, doing a boss battle or trying to solo a dungeon cannot be called safe as unexpected things can happen. if you look at this more as a game rather than a work of literature/art, then it's easy to see that the doors of the boss room could've just as easily closed on Kirito and Asuna in the Gleemeyes room as it did with the lvl 75 boss room.

Bottom line, I think Kirito's a hardcore gamer at heart. he'll play conservatively due to the death game rules, but he'll still play and try to challenge himself occasionally.
By margin of safety so is he talking about how much higher level he is compared to the monsters he levels up on. He considered 20 levels above as safe when solo compared to 10 levels for a group. Now we saw that his level were 96, wich makes him 21 levels above the current floor and thus it's safe for him to solo at the front line.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote