Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-13, 19:12   Link #2120
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Then we have Limone's one episode angst. So her sagitta died when she was trying to perform a complicated ri maajon. Um.. haven't we heard this somewhere before?
Well, Rimone did it in training while Neviril and Amuria did it in a real battle when the situation was desperate. So I would say that Rimone is objectively a lot more guilty than Neviril but since she didn't seem to like her co-cadets, she didn't go into a full angst mode but had some kind of subconcious problem stopping her from performing as she should have. And when was her supposed to have been shown earlier? Chor Tempest was hardly perfroming any ri-maajons in episodes 2-4. If anything is problematic in Rimone's plotline it's how the heck she has managed to finish her training if this problem had haunted her after that incident and why she hasn't been punished for causing the death of another cadet.

As for Mamiina - true, the characters who were introduced earlier could have caused the downfall of Chor tempest on their own but Mamiina's role in the story is a lot bigger than doing just that. Also, the Chor needed two new memmbers to get the optimal amoununt of twelve, so two new faces were going to be introduced anyway. I think the justification of Mamiina's "split personality" is her desire to have everything she wanted as soon as possible, after achieving her dream of being the pair of Sibylla Aurea she lsot sight of reality and thought that she could do anything. Once Neviril rejected her she assumed it was because of her lowly birth and as a result all hell broke loose.

Quote:
Fortunately episode six was a lot better although the way Kaimu & Parietta played war in the Simoun struck a false note when you consider they've been involved in the real thing & seen comrades die. I may be wrong but I can't imagine child soldiers in our world "play war" with their rifles when not shooting people for real. (I think Kaimu would meet the UN definition of child soldier).
I think they were just drunk.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote