View Single Post
Old 2009-02-03, 00:50   Link #258
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Considering the condition she was in, even staying for a week would have been completely feasible.
I am assuming here that Nagi the Midwife is actually part of the neighborhood the Furukawas are part of.

The thing is, would Tomoya, on his salary, have been able to afford the hospital bill even for a stay that brief? I'm not sure how things are in Japan, where they at least HAVE healthcare, but in the Philippines the fees are expensive; it's well beyond the means of a blue or white-collar worker to pay for even a night in a private ward (can go from 20,000 pesos to 50,000 pesos a night in a good hospital like Makati Medical, for reference 1 USD = 47 PHP). Even on the so-called 'charity' or public wards, the family still has to provide EVERYTHING ELSE, meaning the anaesthesia, saline solutions, and whatever else is needed for the birthing, and all those quickly add up.

Nevermind the fact that Nagisa going into labor prematurely literally killed off whatever plans they made. It really is unpredictable. Can't imagine how I'd handle it when my time comes...