View Single Post
Old 2009-06-14, 19:21   Link #74
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
Hey, I ask to list those that satisfied all the 3 criteria not just "non-profit." Jeez...
Mine sure made it into the list. Take notice!

Quote:
Constructive discussion? So if I talk about anything but how to fix the insurance policy, I am a troll. That's a lovely attitude you have here. Let me try to summerize everything up:

Problem: Joe had a cancer and received a bill of 500,000$ which obviously he cannot pay. His insurance company only agrees to pay 300,000$ which is stated clearly in its policy. And there are many people like Joe in the society.

Proposed solutions:

Yours: how to make the insurance company pays for 500,000$.

Kamui4356's: how to prevent Joe from having that cancer in the first place.

Mine: how to make the it 20,000$ instead of 500,000$, or even less.
$20,000? What are the pharmacists, hospital staff, people who made the chemotherapy drugs and equipment and the doctors going to eat? Grass?

Here is a bill I chocked up in middle school. Car accidents, a suicide attempt and skin graft of a 30+ stitch scar after getting hacked by a machete. It is over $900,000 but my parents are currently debt-free, mortgage free, and survived the instalments.

Maybe I was lucky it was subsidised by the insurance company. But being from a middle-income, my parents only finished paying the bills after I entered by 2nd year in high school. There is such a thing as a DELAYED payment, with interest, but considering the fact you earn as you pay and not have to fork out a lump sum, it is a blessing in disguise.

Besides, in emergency cases, even if it is cancer, the doctors have to treat first and get paid later. Almost every single country does and practice that.

Healthcare isn't being about totally in favour of the patient. The doctors don't sacrifice nights studying medical science. Neither should it be lopsided to benefit the private practitioners too.

Get a bite of reality. It isn't as screwed-up as it looks.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote