View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 12:37   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That’s how people change in real life, but very few anime (or any other works of fiction, for that matter) are patient enough and trust the audience enough to allow the characters to grow in this natural fashion.
Maybe because many writers or anime creators don’t consider the viewers or readers intelligent enough to “get it”. Or maybe those writers/creators truly lack the skill. Also, most anime adaptations only follow the source material as it is and some don’t even have the luxury of 20+ episodes to tell a story. If you ask me, there’s only few anime adaptations which able to add more depth and subtlety than the source material. One of them is Rurouni Kenshin: Suiokuhen (Trust & Betrayal). Btw, it’s a very well-made post by you. I’ll give you cookies for that, while also representing other posters who can’t .

Back to the episode, yeah, this is one beautiful episode and a very fitting (hanging) ending for this series. Furthermore, I like how both Houtarou & Eru were directly “aiming for the kill” AKA marriage. Eru was basically explaining to Houtaro about everything he’ll get in case he decides to take her as his soulmate, while Oreki was having a thought of proposing her after hearing that. That’s right, guys, “going out” is boring! If you want true adventure, GET MARRIED! All in all, I rarely gave a 10/10 point to any anime episode, but here goes one.