View Single Post
Old 2008-10-26, 22:45   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
I've loved Kana Hanazawa ever since she did Kaminagi in Zegapain. Unfortunately, all her characters since have been cute little moe loli's. I'm really interested to see how she does as a mischievous character.
I dropped Zegapain early, but I really have to go back and see it just to hear her, since everyone says how good she was. I do love her "little moe loli" voice, however: Shiika in Mushiuta, Sora in both Sketchbook and Natsu no Sora. Along with Sasaki Nozomi, I think she has the most moe voice in anime. And her full gamut of grunts and squeaks as Potemayo was amazing.

I guess this is gossip rather than either appreciation or discussion, but the big story about her over the past months has been an old boyfriend from 3-4 years ago posting a pic on 2channel of them together, and saying that they had made love. Her agency has apparently just brushed the supposed scandal off and has stood behind her. It is Office Osawa, a very reputable agency that also has Kawasumi Ayako and Noto Mamiko among its clients. The guy was a fellow-child actor (Kana started in show business quite early) and I'll bet his career is in the dumper, however.

Here are a couple of photos (click to enlarge):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.