View Single Post
Old 2006-06-25, 03:01   Link #1219
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
If we're going to dive into my beliefs, then I'm an athiest by choice. One of the joys of atheism is that I can believe in a higher power without necessarily believing in a god.

Haruhiism is an idea, basically started by a bunch of people who enjoyed the show. No one really knows what it stands for, but all members have some interpretation. My interpertation of it is the way of living life with full energy and determination of Oharuhi-sama. I believe in Haruhi as a deity in the simplest terms, a figure of worship (hell she's not even real). I could care less if she's a god in whatever conventional terms, she is a figure that represents infinite energy and determination to me.

For some reason you've seem to have combined two unrelated things (an idea proposed by Itsuki in the novel and a fan-made idea of Haruhiism) into the same argument in your quest to defamate Haruhi's godliness which is only really supported by the Itsuki camp. (a bit off topic but by last count how many people liked Itsuki?)

I hope that clears some of the confusion up. For the record I don't back any camp, I just enjoy the show. Haruhi (in all her epic Tsun-) is a breath of fresh air in a market rife with generic characters.
I'm going to offer you a piece of advice here. Once this show is done, don't stand around waiting for a second season. If you're tired of the generic characters of today take a step back and watch a show from the 80's. This is why I don't find Haruhi's character terribly special (well in contrast to today's shows she definetly is), because I've seen some incredible stuff from the early 80's and 90's the stuff that nobody pays any attention too and hence why people are drawn to this series in droves because there's not much else on (Not that it doesn't have its merits). Might I recommend Legend of The Galactic Heroes, or Kimagure Orange Road.

Also when you have half the board running around alternating between referring to Haruhi as God rather than Godly (source of inspiration, Haruhism Whatever), its very easy to confuse the Itsuki camp and Haruhist thing that will more than likely last about 2 more weeks until the series ends and there's nothing left to talk about, then the next big show will come out and a new trend will overtake Haruhism. I do hope there is a second season at some point though because I'm quite enjoying the show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote