Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-19, 00:27   Link #2111
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
...Or just call it yet another plot hole. Just like the shiki village masterplan. As if nobody would wonder why everybody is asleep during daytime and people are disappearing by the hundreds or found anemic with lots of bite marks.
Those might or might not be plot holes. They could be holes in the shikis' plan. Having lived this strange life for a couple of hundred years, Sunako is certainly a bit mad. As well as desperate.

Or there might be a way the plan could work that we have not thought of. Perhaps they don't actually have to kill, and can control and farm enough compliant normal humans for a population of a few dozen shiki/jinrou. Perhaps they can get away with not killing too unusual a number of humans in the surrounding villages. Perhaps they can make do with some animal blood. Perhaps something else. This doesn't all have to be explained at this point. Or at any point, for me.

These points may have been discussed before, but I haven't read all of your posts and the replies. Sorry, just as you take so much pleasure in tearing this show apart, I take very little pleasure in that. For me, whether there are plot holes or not, it was one of the 3-4 top shows of the year. I've never seen anything quite like it, in pacing, build-up, atmosphere, characters, et al.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote