View Single Post
Old 2006-03-09, 22:27   Link #9
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
I have a question, which I'm sure has been answered a hundred times.

If it's not licensed, does Media Factory have a legal right to basically say"don't distribute our stuff"? I understand why a site would want to avoid conflict, and just give in to the demand, I was just wondering if for instance, a company tried to sue, if they would have a legitimate charge and could win in court.
Note: It is their work. They paid the production costs. They hired the animators. They contracted with the respective mangakas to gain rights to produce the stories in anime form.

How do you think you'd feel if you made your first ever digital movie, paid about half your entire life savings to produce, and have it distributed around the net?

Granted, most japanese animation companies seem to not care about this, and some even welcome fansubbing to promote their franchise, but MFI have stated their point. This is how they feel, and the Asuki people respect that.

Plus, its not impossible to find fansubs of the said C&D'ed series, just look elsewhere. (provided anyone subs them at all)