View Single Post
Old 2018-01-14, 08:37   Link #1002
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
She's supposed to be in her 20s, right? Plus it's pretty much standard for the "evil" camp to wear revealing clothing.
Well, at this time she's supposed to be on long term stealth mission across hostile territory wearing clothes that are easy to move in, and she also has to watch out for being exposed to the sun. She's supposed to look about 20... though apparently she tends to have a stern expression.

Quote:
I don't really like the illustration style though. I would've liked a little more dark comedy vibe instead of harem-esque if that makes sense. If someone unfamiliar with the series saw the covers they would have no clue what to expect.
Yup, that occurred to me too - it does sell the story a bit short. The other covers had guys other than Van. They could have included Sercrent and/or Borkus for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show1983 View Post
Not liking Ban's art style? BLASPHEMY!!
I'm a fan of the style in general. I just feel slightly disappointed with this particular cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Remember people are always mistaking Eleanora as Van's mother even before they know she's a vampire so she has to look old enough to have a 6 year old kid.
I think that's mostly because people realise (or are told) that she's a vampire and Van is a Dhampir. Vampires are immortal so she doesn't necessarily have to look particularly old.

PS Just to be clear: this is just a minor complaint. I'm replying to add some context but I don't particularly feel that it's worth having an extended discussion over.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote