View Single Post
Old 2009-12-23, 16:42   Link #2234
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Fried, same amount of screen time i'd give the other 3... instead of giving us a flashback telling us he was relatively liked in fairy tail and that the members made an effort to get close, why don't we actually SEE some of those moments... give him the status of a background character at the very least... really just enough screentime to HINT at the fact the people tried to get close to him and that he is not same hated villain like Luxus
I disagree with this one, one of the strengths of Fried was that you just weren't sure whether or not he was a good guy or a bad guy, giving him that background before his fight with Mira would have bled the tension of Elfman nearly getting killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Loki on the otherhand, he i would want to see involved in a whole arc. Frankly, i think it might be good to have found a way to swap out Ezra for him in the Lullaby arc... when it comes down to it, Ezra did not NEED to be there and could have saved her into for the Moon Drip arc... Lullaby could have provided some decent character build up, while also laying down some subtle foreshadowing... maybe even throw him into Phantom Lord arc, instead of having Natsu get in two fights...
Hmm, I'd say stick to throwing him in the Phantom arc. There is no reason to re-write an entire character out of an arc when we already have a perfectly viable alternative. Plus, it saves the headache of finding a suitable alternative for Erza's introduction. Waiting until Demon Island would create a couple of plotholes that require filling.

Overall, I agree with your concerns, a bit of development in many of the scenes you pointed out would not have hurt, however I do think your suggestions for improvements are a bit on the drastic side.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote