View Single Post
Old 2006-01-01, 11:18   Link #19
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!
......ok......i hope this answers ur question..........
Quote:
Finally a word about Sora the crow.

As tragic as it is that Yukito seems to have run away and abandoned Misuzu when she really needed him and cared for him, he did the right thing. He'd gone as far as the two could go with the way things were. Had Yukito stayed as the freeloader at the Kamio house, Misuzu would have died without reaching her goal. Yukito may have lived on, or he may have died within a year anyway, like his ancestor Ryuuyu had 1000 years earlier. This would have solved nothing.

Instead, like his mother before him, he placed his heart, his wish, into the doll while he still had power, while he was still strong. His wish was to be by Misuzu's side forever and to help her reach her goal, and to save the girl in the sky, Kanna, fufilling Ryuuyu's 1000 year old wish. In the final three episodes Yukito, as Sora
rarely leaves Misuzu's side. He intervenes when Haruko tosses away Misuzu's birthday gift, the baby dinosaur, and alerts Haruko to its presence at the temple towards the end. Misuzu tries her best to reach the dinosaur and succeeds, a rehearsal perhaps for reaching her ultimate goal.

But why a crow? Haruko's (some say corny) speech at the end should give us a clue. Humans cannot fly in the sky, but birds can. After Misuzu reaches her goal, Sora flies away to find the girl in the sky who's still alone to bring her back for a new beginning.
What is the use of wings which cannot flap nor fly?
It's to remind us of those happy memories from when we could fly.

What is the use of friends or family who ultimately die or leave?
The happy memories they leave behind.
.....its kinda like im doin ur homework........lol