View Single Post
Old 2009-03-10, 22:02   Link #44
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post
Then again we don't know what she was going through living "luxuriously" so that's just an assumption at best. Maybe we'll get more on that later. Some of her motivation is due to her attachment to the Zuellini fairy or fairies in general which we know a little more about at this time.

The defense of the city and the recent platoon match were a great wake up call for her, which in turn made her up her training up a notch to the point where it could be life threatening.

She wants to be up there so bad, but she's impatient. Granted, the filth monsters aren't going to wait around until she reaches new heights to attack so I guess the sense of urgency is understandable.
Yeah, I heard from somewhere that her life was not exactly "luxurious" as the anime so far had shown or revealed. If it is so, they should show more of it so that people could understand more about her than just saying she's some rich spoiled brat who likes to chase fairies because that sure doesn't explain other things about her.

But yeah, Nina is acting too rashly right now and really need to think carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Character development is over-rated if the character isn't likable to me.

Felli is pure fluff for me and that's about it. Cute to look at, has her funny moments, but there isn't a female in the story that really draws me in. I'm in the show purely for the frills, thigh highs, and Layfon kicking some hardcore ass.

Nina's just an eyesore and one I'm practicing tuning out. Lets just say if I knew someone like her in person, we'd NEVER get a long and she'd be put in her place rather quickly with her ideals.
So you are a person who relies a lot on impressions that you get from a character rather than how they developed right? So if a character seems badass somewhere in the beginning, when his flaws are revealed later you don't mind it but the reverse it true? Then it's going to be hard for you to like and see a developed character if this is how you fee. Anyway, I felt like you could never put someone like Nina in her place because you don't have what it takes unlike Layfon who can act calmly and discussed with her his ideals until she could understand and likewise.

But yeah, Nina is too rash and rushes into things. She needs to slow down and think a bit more.