View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 00:18   Link #97
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh yea, let's not forget that it took the WHOLE CREW to BARELY defeat a Pacifista pre-timeskip...and Luffy's timeskip power jump allowed him to ONE-SHOT A PACIFISTA. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji went from being helpless against a pacifista alone to destroying one in a single hit...they literally became much stronger than their whole pre-timeskip CREW. The Pacifista was 1/8th of Kuma's strength if I remember correctly...and I highly highly highly doubt Kuma is admiral/yonkou level, even pos-timeskip with the upgrades.

And I've had this conversation in the anime thread before but...VAs don't have that position because they are pretty and shiny...there FEW VAs in the marines, it's not a position that many have at all (I think there's like 12 or something). Plus all VAs are Haki users...and most look like they know Rokushiki too.

So what if Rey trained him? You can be trained by the strongest fighter in the world for two years and not become top level...having a powerful teacher helps a lot, but it doesn't mean you're instantly top level once you're done.
PLUS, Rey only taught him Haki, he didn't teach him anything else and left once Luffy learned all he could about Haki...the rest of Luffy's training came from living on that island.

I do not get why people want Luffy to be at the top level so soon...THEY JUST GOT TO THE NW...for christ sakes, we are the half way point and you want him to be at the top level? You want the crew to have three guys near, if not at yonkou level so soon? Why? So they can easily destroy everyone they meet and be boring? Having Luffy be much stronger than the enemy is fun and all but it quickly grows boring...there's no sense of danger if he is as strong as the strongest guys.