View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 15:48   Link #333
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The same treatment, as in doing a pep-talk about once every 200 chapters? As I said Hinata has a real purpose in the story but that doesn't make her an important character.

I think you're projecting here, while it's pretty clear her character is important to you she's just not that important to the overall plot. It's ok you know, there have been less than a dozen important characters in this show, you can still appreciate a more minor character all the same.
I'm not going to lie I do like Hinata a lot, but I only bring her up because of this current chapter. Another example would Shinkamaru. He hasn't fought much but still is quite likeable, he got great growth with the death of Asuma, taking on being a good role model for Asuma's kid, cheering up Naruto after Jiraiya's death etc. yet another protrayal of development without fighting. My point was I think your thesis "you need to fight to stay relevant" is incorrect. Hinata and Shinkamaru are just examples of how it can be done.

Quote:
Considering the whole discussion focused entirely on the whys and hows that's was a nice way to say we disagree on everything!
Actually I think we agree with more than you think. Most of it has just been debating details. I always try to be polite, afterall this is just a way to past the time until the next chapter comes out.

Quote:
But then you do realize that you've just agreed with James right? He didn't say Nagato and Konan would have won had they chose to figh (as you say we can't tell for sure, unless word of god it's a matter of perception), he said they chose not to fight because Naruto convinced them and thus gave up.
I might agree with him if he put up a better fight.... I have no problems with Naruto using talk no jutsu as his coup de grace. I just don't think it applies here. Like I said, debating on the forums is a way to pass the time and maybe gain a better understanding of rationale behind the writing.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote