View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 09:47   Link #131
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

It's not that I don't understand where Phenomenal is coming from, but... Well… I’ve dedicated a good amount of my time to another series just waiting for the main character to finally take the spotlight, but that moment never came. And when it did it was incredibly short lived, he decides that he doesn’t like violence anymore and that letting people beat the shit out of him is a better approach. Instead, it is the other guy (who should have been a side character) who keeps pushing the story forward. He is the one that all the girls want to fuck, all the guys want to fight, the one everyone else praise, and even his special power seems a lot more relevant to the story than the main character's special power. The story revolves around him and why everybody wants him. So, you see, when Luffy manages to be the center of attention even with all the world's big shots standing right next to him, it is very refreshing to me. I’m knocking myself out with One Piece, it’s everything I wanted the other series to be like - and then some.

And it’s not like Luffy is the only one trying to save Ace, just that he is the only one breaking formation. The other guys are experienced enough to know better than that.