View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 13:21   Link #140
marvelB

Yeah, I also gotta admit that I find it kinda strange that people are chiding Newgate for actually playing it safe and biding his time before rescuing Ace himself. I'd think that would be a mark of his experience, right there. I mentioned this earlier, but when Luffy was running to Ace's rescue, he didn't have as much of an easy time getting past those marines as he did in Enies Lobby, seeing as he nearly got fried by one of Kizaru's beams and actually got injured by some of the grunts (and a good majority of THOSE guys are VAs too, remember). Obviously Luffy wouldn't go down as quickly as Oars did, but him and the giant already prove that Whitebeard made the smart choice in standing back and issuing commands to his forces.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Moria, being the absolute nuisance/annoyance he is, was hilarious in this chapter. It's funny how Jimbei quickly disposed of the zombies by throwing a big wave of sea water at them. He is the worst possible match up they could have faced. I wonder if Moria and Jimbei will square off in the subsequent chapters to come....

Yeah, I had that thought, as well. If anything, it would be pretty sweet to see two Shichibukai squaring off against each other (well, one of them's technically a former Shichibukai now, but you get the idea). It would also be nice to see Hancock actually do something other than swooning over Luffy sometime within the next few chapters, too.