View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 19:54   Link #35
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Incidentally, this has nothing to do with anything. Of course it's impossible to "hurt her feelings" (). But like other slurs and quasi-insults, it simply lowers my opinion of those who would use it. Basically, I think it makes the fanbase look bad. Of course, that's just my own opinion (and I'm not trying to imply that other people can't disagree with that and not find it insulting at all).
Not that your point has no merit necessarily, but it is also assuming and generalizing the intentions of people who do use the term. I am very doubtful in general that people are intentionally calling Sena meat with the motive of degrading her very character. Rather, I'd find it far more believable that it is being used mostly as a term of endearment, which is no surprise considering it has largely been played off for comedy in this series.

That being said, you are not necessarily wrong about what the term carries considering that Yozora intentionally meant it as a slur against Sena... But considering the very nature of this show is to play off off the comedic nature of their hateful or broken personalities in a very playful manner, I find it a bit disingenuous so suggest that people have such ill spirited intentions.

Disclaimer: I've barely posted anything in this subforum so I haven't called Sena anything but Sena.