Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-05, 05:25   Link #4916
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Yeah I mean it's not like Russia and China fought a series of small scale border wars. Oh wait...

I'm also going to call bullshit on that whole WWII was caused by appeasing Hitler thing. Neither Britain nor France was prepared for war at the time.
I studied it. Plus, I also watch a lot of documentaries with real recordings from that times, with a lot of interviews.

Recently, I watched the part when Hitler was reclaiming the parts of czechoslovakia in which some german people were living, just before the WWII.

At that time, neither Chamberlain nor Daladier did anything to stop him.

After the last meeting between Hitler, Chamberlain, Daladier and Mussolini (mussolini, pointed in the documentary, who was helping Hitler. What he proposed when he took a map and a paper in his pocket was something made and given to him by hitler before the meeting); Daladier knew what they had done (aka nothing to save the czechoslovakia and accepting all that Hitler wanted, while trying to appease him because they chickened like cowards, while they had accords about protecting some allies). When he arrived in France, he thought "will i be acclamed by the french? or will they realize what we have done?". At the moment when they opened the door of the plane, he saw that the French didn't understand anything and were acclaiming him. He then commented about the French to the person beside him: "Les cons" (translation: "idiots/morons").

And now the good part. An official german said that if at that time the English and the French had tried to crush the Germans (at that precise time, it was clearly said they had the means to do it, whether you believe it or not.), they would have won, because at that time Hitler and his army were not that ready and prepared.

So yeah, they concluded that if the English and French had made something instead of bending over at Hitler, the WWII would have been very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The text of the treaty was freely available, if you were that interested.
Tell me if i'm wrong, but Sarkozy already planned it before/during/and right after the election. And at that time, but I admit I could be wrong, he didn't include all the details of what he planned to propose for the Europe after the election.

Would it has changed anything? I don't know, but I know some people who didn't think he would go that way after having said that he "understood the past referendum and would accept what the French has chosen" (not exact words, feel free to correct me).

Now for when the treaty was voted by the parliament, at that precise time, that many people read the text or not, they would have voted it anyways.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-12-05 at 06:51.