View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 21:50   Link #146
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So I'm guessing the Wish-Crushing Cinema box actually belongs to Haruaki?
I don't think Haruak has sufficient will to manage a decent wish -- if it was his box, Daiya would be able to punch holes in the cinema. I'm betting on Kokone -- she has a keen enough mind to create a strong wish and she has more reason for wanting Daiya to confront his past and get over himself. I suspect we'll find out when we see the fourth movie.

Quote:
Also, I don't mind the illustration style change. The style in the first 4 volumes was cute, but often times it didn't match the character descriptions. For example, Kokone was described as someone with all dolled up with a lot of makeup, but I hardly got that from her design.
Yeah, the character designs have never impressed me. Other than Maria, none of them look remotely close to what I imagine. Actually, when I read the books I tend to picture the story as live action instead of in anime style, which is unusual for a light novel. Maybe it's the lack of anything really animesque in the story -- no trip-fall-grope antics, no totally over-the-top personalities, and no physics defying action. You could film the first two books with only a minimal FX budget.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote