View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 00:53   Link #24
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
What's the point of making just one character? What are you going to accomplish with that? How can you even do it?
See this fox character in my avatar? It's a shoddy example of one; but it could be something a pure amateur could come up with. And well, it was created with no story at all. Point is: not all characters have to have a story in order to be created. Sometimes, the story component can be conjured up afterwards.

All it takes: randomly draw a character, then suddenly decide: "Hey, the character could be best as a pirate" (or something like that). This kind of experimentation has no limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Now, an anime character doesn't have to be distinctively anime, but I think this is the sort of thing the OP might have been thinking of when he asked "How would YOU design an anime character?"
Well, to be slightly more clear. This is your average thought experiment. I have absolutely no drawing skills; but that still does not disallow me to think about it. At the same time, many have watched anime. Then, they proceeded to write fanfics. Writing a story, that's not a talent of mine either.

Looking at my own anime list, I've numbered about 300+ anime series, movies, OVAs, etc. At this point, it feels as if I've seen every type of character. Of course, some of y'all have watched more (or less).

If there's really one point that I've looking for - the steps one would take to simply make a character from a creative visual standpoint. The more abstract, the better. Naturally, someone with the skill to draw can best describe this process. I can make the assumption: someone can just randomly sketch one out. Yet, I took my shot here hoping to find such an answer and see other such opinions. Even so, we got a nice load of ideas on this thread too.

Oh, and if I were to create MY own anime character -- he/she would be very ridiculously cliche.c

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-03-02 at 01:12.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote