View Single Post
Old 2008-06-14, 14:09   Link #1385
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I am not much of Obama supporter but misinformation like this ticks me off. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you just didn't do any research and not in reality a neo-con or troll.

Obama's father was a Muslim, his mother was not. Obama's mother was a ethnologist, one of the place where she work was in Indonesia where Obama did go to school at. When she died, Obama was raise by his maternal grand parents in Kansas. Despite being typical white people, they seem to have done a good job with Obama.

Ellison was born in the US and was raise in the US.

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

he is too naive and his campaign advisor are too naive.
Your attack is completely ridiculous. I was simply stating that the I am not surprised these rumors are circulating. This "misinformation" was perpetuated by people at his own Indonesian school who claimed he was registered as a muslim. Want to blame someone, blame the waffling memories of the schoolteachers. Now, it does not matter what religion he "technically" was as a child. He's current beliefs are plain to see and he has done a good job of combatting the rumors. The argument that you can't be "born a muslim" makes sense. However, another viewpoint is that in Islam, the religion is passed down in name from father to son. Furthermore, traditionally, when a muslim man marries a non-muslim woman, the wife is expected to embrace the husband's religion. This does not prove he practiced both his fathers religions but again its not surprsing that rumors circulated about it.

In regards to Ellison, please tell me something I do not know.
Now go back and read.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote