View Single Post
Old 2004-04-21, 06:56   Link #7
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita
If it were, I don't know about it. I checked a couple lists of licensed anime, and it's not on there.

It's not just another Sailor Moon ripoff. Yes, I've watched Sailor Moon (I grew up on it, in fact). Pretty much the only thing this series has in common with Sailor Moon is that it's mahou shoujo.
It's incredible how people think any mahou shoujo is a Sailor Moon ripoff. Guys, Sailor Moon started decades after the first mahou shoujo anime (that was Mahou Tsukai Sally, in the sixties). Check www.mahoushoujo.net for many other shows that existed before Sailor Moon.

If Sailor Moon was a first, it was in combining mahou shoujo elements with sentai elements (borrowed from Japanese sentai live-action shows - Power Rangers is an example of sentai is). BTW, Licca-chan is a much more traditional mahou shoujo anime than Sailor Moon.

Licca-chan is licensed in several countries (like all or almost all of Latin American, where it was broadcasted in Portuguese/Spanish in the Cartoon Newtork one or two years ago). But it isn't licensed in the USA.

Perdita, as I seen to remember your names from the anime-faith credits, please check the "Fantasy Civilization" thing. What they say is "Fantoche" (a word that exists in Portuguese/Spanish/French spelled the same exact way). A "fantoche" is a kind of doll (a kind of marionette) what explains why the name is used.

About animenfo. It's an extremely poor source of information. A google search will bring much more information....