Thread: Licensed Gintama
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 09:50   Link #94
Gooral
Banned

Well, I was bored by Gintama for 4 episodes but never as bad as with Sket Dance. It just didn't hook me enough from the get go but it wasn't sth I had to watch in parts either (as it was with SD). In other words it was an average anime which I could watch if I had nothing better to do. But after seeing 5th episode I started to like it (it was the one with Gin and others delivering a bomb to an embassy, the scene when they found out what was in the package was hilarious), mainly thanks to introduction of Katsura (my favourite character I like him even more than I like Gin). And after seeing 8th episode I became a fan. There was the most hilarious fight and one of the most hilarious scenes I've ever seen in any anime/manga. And from then it got even better. The most important thing however was that characters were really great. All of them. They were perfectly designed and I liked them from the start. In SD I was annoyed by them from the start.

In short, even after seeing one episode only I can tell that Sket Dance is not anime/manga for me even though it's similar to Gintama. But the differences between them make a huge difference. I'm glad that author of SD has managed to achieve such success and that he has fans but IMO his inferiority to Sorachi is obvious.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote