View Single Post
Old 2013-12-20, 16:29   Link #12083
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
They were kind of limited in their available choices.
Yes I agree. I just thought it would've made more sense plot-wise to involve all the other guilds too after Tempesta killed so many civilians, especially since it required several guilds to take down Oracion Seis. I like how Doranbolt has developed as a character and isn't afraid to break the rules for the greater good, and I'm glad that Cobra and the others are back, but I would've expected the other guilds to join the fight before breaking out the criminals.

From a dramatic point of view it would've made more impact (though cliche) if the new Oracion showed up when everyone else was defeated. I really like how Mashima doesn't drag out his fights, but in this case I would've liked to see him let the drama play out a little bit longer so he could get more people involved. That way he could play up Tartaros' strength a bit more instead of having them lose 1v1 brawls.

Tbh it kinda irked me that Laxus alone fought Tempesta to a stalemate, and Natsu outright defeated Jackal without any help from his team at all. I suppose I wanted FT to be the underdogs for once. I hope at least Gray and Juvia will have a good 2v1 fight, hopefully against Silver, and really hopeful that we'll finally see their unison raid.

Still, I'm not disappointed in Mashima or anything. I really like the arc so far and looking forward to see how he tells the rest of the story. I'm just not getting what I personally wanted
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote