View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 09:43   Link #30321
Patchwork Chimera
Human

If we're going to a "The meaning of a Name" discussion, let me plug this out of my chest.

I was watching Beelzebub, and seeing something about a girls vs boys quarrell. The words were repeated enough times for me to catch that danshi=boys and Yoshi=girls.

When Kanon tells Jessica his real name in his last moments (don't remember what EP), he says that his name is "Yo...shi...da". Now, I'm NO EXPERT in Japanese, but hearing it so much has given me the idea that "da" is like "I'm". Like in Persona 4 "Kuma-da" means "I'm a bear".

So Kanon was saying 'Yoshi da'. In other words, 'I'm a woman'!
And Jessica went mad and died. XDDD

This is proof #XXXX that Yasu is originally a girl. Lion gender is revealed!

No, really. If we're talking about meaningful names, THIS is the one to talk about. You see? Trying to suppose something based on a name ends in something like 'that'.

But... not sure if 'that' made too much sense or I'm starting to believe my own bullshit.

Extra: Rose symbolism? U serious? So maybe Ryuukishi knows that a red rose means passional love. That explains Rosa's outbusts, Yasu's golden land being full of them, the motive of the crimes, the single minded .... nah, holly shit, he's serious.

Well, everyone can be a troll, you see. It depends on how well you can BS you way around the line of hated troll and 'kinda makes sense' troll. That's why no-one is telling him to shut his trap.

Other edit: I re-read my post and realized that it came out wrong. I seriously believe that all that name thing and rose symbolism is BS... It's hard when you can't use properly a language -_-U

Last edited by Patchwork Chimera; 2012-09-02 at 10:02.
Patchwork Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote