View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 03:52   Link #84
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

I gave most episodes 8, 9 or 10. Like most people I believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I am ranking this series as a 10. It is one of my favorite animes. Actually one of my favorite stories regardless of medium.

I would like to clear up what I believe are a couple of misconceptions. The first is concerning the artwork of the show. There were arguably parts where the "quality" suffered, but I don't believe it is the same parts that people are complaining about. I am reading that some people think that the Sumire vs Taiga & Minori vs Taiga fight scenes suffered from low "quality". I understand that some didn't like the way that scene was animated, but I think it's unfair to JCstaff to say the "quality" was poor or not done very well.

The real matter is "style" and JCstaff purposely drew the action scenes in a different "style" than they drew the rest of the series. If one doesn't like the style that is fine. Everyone has their own opinions, of course.

I just feel that it is a terrible insult to the artists that really worked hard animating this show to say the "quality" was weak when in fact its the "style" that some people didn't like. IMHO I kinda liked the action sequences style.

The second thing is about Ryuji's love for Taiga being too sudden or unrealistic because he liked Minori. This show has been praised for the characters having lots of realistic emotions. Unlike anime and movies and television shows:

It is normal for guys to be attracted to several different women. Animes always portray characters as having one-true-love. When I was in high school I would have nailed 3/4 (three quarters) of the girls in my home room and probably dated 6 or so. This is the way we guys are. Im sorry to everyone who has been taught different but this is really truly the way men think, all men no matter what we or anyone else tells you this is the gods honest truth.

What I am saying is that its not weird for Ryuji to like both Minori and to like Taiga. He probably is also attracted to Maya and her friend.

The reason he was surprised to hear Taiga confess is that she has always told him how much he disgusts her. In the novel they had alot of really sweet scene where Taiga was very affectionate to Ryuji. She would come from behind him and wrap a scarf around his neck. Things like that.

Also did anyone notice that whenever she wears Ryuji's scarf that she always pulls its over her nose? Its because she likes the way Ryuji smells.

Kaisos, I don't mean this as an insult. But why are so always being so negative? It honestly bothers me. It seems like almost every post from you is telling someone else they are wrong and you are right or just that they are wrong about something.

In my opinion you would seem alot more pleasant if you didn't try to tell everyone they were wrong.

Can I ask you a personal question? Are you like this in real life or only online? I bet that in real life you are actually a much nicer person. Im just guessing here, but I think you take out all your negativity online.

Im mean look at these quotes. These are all from the 11 post you made in just this one thread.

Quote:
Yeah, the animation was shit at times,
Quote:
All of JC Staff's budget appears to have gone into Index, is my guess why those episodes ended up like that.
Quote:
Quote:
(unless it is just utterly horrendous of course, although I've never see a show that fits that criteria).
Go watch Akikan or Chaos;HEAd. Then you can say you've seen a (recent) show which fits that criteria, heh.

Quote:
Hahahaha my ass they're going to break up.

Quote:
If you're not seeing it, you're obviously trying not to.
Quote:
Then you're wrong, plain and simple.

Quote:
When opinions are based off of wrong information, then yes, they are wrong.
Quote:
Edit: Nevermind, pushing my opinion on others makes me look like a hypocrite.

Quote:
No, it will just piss off the person you're using it on, and will not contribute in any way to the discussion.
Quote:
I think this is giving people entirely too much credit, but eh.
Quote:
I'd prefer we NOT have the poll system, myself.

Quote:
Pretty sure he has, but not everyone loved Honey and Clover as much as you did, as I'm sure you know.

For what it's worth, from what I've heard of how it ends, I think I'd hate it... >_>

I mean come on