View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 08:07   Link #29186
Aethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
By "methodology" you seem to mean the howdunnit, which is only part of the mystery. But even just that part requires us growing used to her "gimmicks"- which is still part of the "understanding" process I was talking about (I never said it was necessarily difficult to do in the first place). The whodunnit and, even more so, the whydunnit require somewhat more understanding.
Except that in the main mystery there's absolutely nothing that would help us to deduce what happened on Rokkenjima Prime. The locked rooms and impossible murders don't tell us who was the most likely to set a bomb in the mansion if they had indeed set a bomb. Or even what the bomb was considering we don't even know if it was something that was already there. All we know is that an explosion happened and that's it.

That doesn't explain anything! That doesn't quench my curiosity and wanting to know what happened, and it sure as heck doesn't feel like a real solution when you can't figure out the specifics and the author won't tell you because he either doesn't know or he's just being a complete prick.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote