View Single Post
Old 2007-05-05, 16:11   Link #7
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I stand by the wiki definition of how BJ's work, especially on the point of Reactor Purge, in that the jacket literally explodes in the opposite direction of the incoming impact, nullifying the attack.
Isn't the "reactive armor" feature of Reactor Purge actually a separate power, or at least an upgrade to Barrier Jacket that Nonoha did not originally have? The way it's listed in Wiki gives the impression that Barrier Jacket is more like a force field, and Reactor Purge is the explosive defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Knockback as a result of reactive shielding alone is implausible due to the power of the attacks used. The forces involved in the reactive effect would have to be huge, more than enough to splatter the mage
One possible explination occures to me. In "real life" reactive armor doesn't just knock the projectile away, what it does is disrupt the explosive attack of the projectile (many AP rounds use a shaped charge which generates a sort of high-temperature plasma jet which is what actually pierces the armor). Perhaps defensive powers like Reactor Purge do the same thing to magic? Use a counter-charge to disrupt the focused nature of the spell, so that the underlying Barrier Jacket can effectivly resist the now difussed attack?