View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 10:09   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A beautiful foot is still a beautiful foot.
Yes... who am I say otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Are you sure that the dog urinated on her foot ? But from what I observe, dogs tend to pee in places they want to mark. Does this mean the dog wanted to put a "mark" on Tsukasa, to smell her wherever she goes?
Tsukasa-chan is LOVE.
The better question is why didn't she move out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Shouldn't we stop distributing labels on "she could be" assumptions? I really don't think that there is anything substantive enough to support a "sadist" claim on Ayatsuji, and labeling Junichi a "masochist" is simply flat-out wrong.

A masochist is someone who is taking pleasure out of humiliation and pain. Nothing is further from the truth with Junichi, he is genuinely scared. Yet, at the same time he's trying his best to follow through with the festival work, and - like he says - even though Tsukasa coerced him into working hard - he enjoyed doing this together with Tsukasa. Masochism jya nai.

Sadism is a harsh harsh word to use. When you have someone you like to tease and mess with, does that make you a sadist? Is the threshold this low?

It's true that there are indicators that Ayatsuji likes messing with him, e.g. when she decides to bully (ijimeru) him some more tomorrow. But sadism, as in drawing pleasure out of the torment of someone else? I don't see it. Playing pranks on him, messing with his mind a bit, THAT'S what she's doing. Not whipping him into total submission.

There's a German proverb: "Was sich neckt, das liebt sich" - which roughly translates to "those who tease each other, love each other". That feels more like what's going on.
Okay, it is not correct to label either of them with those words, especially Junichi. However, psychologically speaking, which is what sadism was focused on before it become associated with sex, the happiness Tsukasa showed at the end, in regards to troubling Junichi, is sadistic in nature. I am just trying to say there is a very wide "spectrum" for this because it is psychological in nature. In Haruka's arc, that cafeteria scene where Haruka was a prisoner of sorts, was S&M, even though no one was being physically hurt.