View Single Post
Old 2013-06-01, 08:28   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Of course it has sold more, it has way more novels released, so that goes without saying. I mean c'mon, you don't see someone go Anime series A sold 13 volumes x 10,000 so a better seller than anime series B which sold 6 volumes x 21,000.
I didn't.

All I said was that it "make up for that by selling more than double the total sales".

I never said anything about which is better or worse.

In fact, the original topic you raised was who made the more money.

Quote:
Also Monogatari novels make more $$$ than Index, they sell about the same but for double the price nearly.
So did the price of the Monogatari novels make up for the 14 million books sold?

EDIT:

Quote:
And all Japanese companies used shipped numbers since sold to supplier = sold to them, but it doesn't mean sold to consumer. See manga circulation numbers, something like Assassination Classroom should be selling a million copies per volume but Oricon shows that vol 4 is going to finish around 650k at its current rate.

Don't you remember the Hidan no Aria website saying crap like 2 million sold when the anime started and Oricon had volume 1 at like 90k....
By all means, use the total number of books shipped by the monogatari series then.

Otherwise, I'll be happy if you could provide a more accurate figure for the sales of both series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote