View Single Post
Old 2013-06-01, 18:04   Link #94
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Re the Biblia dicussion, from where I'm reading Oricon do count it as an LN series, what they don't count is the Monogatari series.
Incorrect. Look at the rankings when divided into "bunko" (overall paperback sales) and "light novel" categories. As stated earlier, all light novels are paperback books, thus they're put out in the weekly "paperback" rankings, but all paperback books are not light novels. The only dedicated light novel rankings are sent out twice a year at most. Edit: In addition, the -monogatari series are classified as general books, not paperbacks.

Also I find it humorous you're comparing amount made based off of Oricon estimates from ~1400 bookstores instead of the publisher numbers. If I cared about how the publishers are actually making money from a title, I'd go with the amount they get paid for (amount shipped) rather than the amount the customers pay for (amount estimated from Oricon). In reality, the numbers reported from the publisher are the amount in print, not the amount sold to distributors. They'll never perfectly match the Oricon "estimates" even if Oricon was 100% accurate.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote