View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 05:55   Link #96
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

Also I find it humorous you're comparing amount made based off of Oricon estimates from ~1400 bookstores instead of the publisher numbers. If I cared about how the publishers are actually making money from a title, I'd go with the amount they get paid for (amount shipped) rather than the amount the customers pay for (amount estimated from Oricon). In reality, the numbers reported from the publisher are the amount in print, not the amount sold to distributors. They'll never perfectly match the Oricon "estimates" even if Oricon was 100% accurate.
Hmmm.. I'm not too familiar with book publishing business, so it's the book store that has to took on the overstocking risk, not the publisher? So when publishers ship something to the bookstores, the bookstores don't have the option to return the overstock book to, let's say... 80% of the price to the publisher? Because if that is so, opening a bookstore is a lot more riskier than opening a normal distribution business, because in normal distribution business, usually there's an option to return the overstocked goods for less amount, if the item is still in good condition that is(at least in my country that's how it goes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
if you don't mind me asking what are the best selling light novels at this moment(and i be grateful if you put them in order "including index") thank you.
Chaos should know more about this than me since I don't care that much about sales except that my favourite series get enough sales so the publisher won't cut the series Beside, the light novel category itself is pretty sketchy(as in it's still not clear which series is considered light novel).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote