View Single Post
Old 2022-01-15, 14:46   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
The most enjoyable part of a series is the journey where you get to buy merchanise and discuss online about the story.
That's not really the most enjoyable part for me. If an anime show is truly good then the best part is watching it & feeling it.

Buying merch & discussing it online are tertiary activities that I can do without (I grew up in the 90s before the common internet era btw). As an anime fan, I think what matters most is enjoying the anime itself. And if the shows are over with definitive endings without any continuation (eg. Cowboy Bebop & FMA), it's okay to distance myself from it while the shows themselves stuck in my mind. And if a show is a joy to watch, I'll rewatch it maybe once every 2-5 years or during its anniversary. If I don't want to watch the show again (eg. because it's too sad), I'll just check out reviews of it that comes out from time to time (ditto for reaction videos).

You can also watch in horror when some companies either decide to remake, reboot or continue your precious shows and came up with something bad. Or even worse, watch some companies making live-action versions of your shows just to shit all over them .