View Single Post
Old 2021-12-03, 15:49   Link #1
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Russia invasion of Ukraine

No, it has not happened, yet; but I am old enough to clearly see what is coming and why.

The USA has the Manifest Destiny set of beliefs. Russia has something similar and up to the fall of the USSR one could say it was a matter of time until they became a worldwide empire. But that is over now and it is clear to see that Putin wants to reverse the tides of history. On the other side, the pandemic has made Putin's popularity deep to unprecedented levels and just like in the USA, a quick fix is a quick military victory, i.e. like Dubya did in Iraq.

It is obvious that the "red lines" Putin keeps warning about are things that would make an invasion more lengthily or even unfeasible. The fabricated migrant crisis in Belarus has the obvious intention to create a constant flux of migrants into the EU that would distract resources and maybe even allow some commandos to target key infrastructure at the right moment.

Another distraction would be if Putin can convince or coerce China of invading Taiwan, they know the USA can be 100% effective in two simultaneous war theaters. China also believes it is their historic right to rule over Taiwan and Xi Jin Ping popularity in China is also declining thanks to the effects of the pandemic.

All in all this reminds me of world war I, troops are in the move and at the right moment a fabricated excuse will mark the moment shit hits the fan.

If anyone is thinking "why now?" the answer is easy, because as times goes on it would become impossible for Russia to invade due to increased Military might of the Ukraine Army and inevitable economical decline of Russia. Thorium reactors are being tested atm in China and Indonesia and there will be a quick shift from oil (which represents about 30% of Russia's GDP) to nuclear energy for electricity production in a few years time.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote