View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 00:24   Link #396
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's called "near future", to describe a sci-fi setting that is plausibly within the limits of modern technology and what you might see in say, the next few decades. Sometimes it's a bit of an overreach but that's the idea. Accel World would be an example of near future. Nothing is really all that different except that computers are fancier. Ghost in the Shell pushes it a bit, but it's also a plausible near future work.

In any case, I really hope the third movie isn't just a two hour version of the epilogue. Honestly I think Gen's trolling the audience as usual. Focus on Homura? Well the franchise already did. Not much Madoka? Well yeah, she was wasn't even a Magical Girl for most of the show despite the title being named after her.

Personally I think Gen's going to explore the loophole in Kyubey's explanation of what became of Madoka. She was supposed to be forgotten, but she's not. And Homura just explained the missing piece to why the Incubators can't harvest energy faster, meaning they can figure out a workaround now. And there's also the missing explanation for Homura's new powers mirroring Madoka's. There's lots to work with.