View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 22:56   Link #242
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it isn't really Kyoto Animation's doing at all, but I think it makes sense for publishers to do this for a show like Haruhi where they know that there's an International audience that's passionate enough about the show to appreciate the gesture. For most of the shows I buy on Japanese DVD/BD, I think I'd be hard-pressed to make the business case, since I can't exactly see it resulting in a significant increase in sales. I think the case is a little bit stronger on Blu-Ray, though, since Japan and the U.S. are in the same region (and many shows are region-free anyway), so I would certainly like to see more publishers go this route. Time will tell, though... I'm not holding my breath.
So far only Bandai and Gonzo seem to be offering that. I think only the really big publishers can afford it. One of those is Kadokawa Shoten which has it's own Youtube channel, but of course being the insanely marketing oriented company that it is they've mainly used it for advertising and music videoish/advertising clips. The erogeish trailer for the movie is already up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post

People that are true artists don't dick around for the hell of it or for teh lulz, they always have a reason.
What would you define as a "true artist"? I still think the simplest explanation is that they really though they were being clever with all the gimmicks and such and have come to realize that well.....the response was lukewarm at best.